Fantasy Football: Week 6 Start 'Em, Sit 'Em, Picks and BustsPosted on October 08, 2013 by Ken Zalis
• Miami and Atlanta have bye weeks.
• Darren Sproles and Danny Woodhead are top 24 running backs in any format.
• Julio Jones could be out for the year.
• Is Week Six the time for Rob Gronkowski owners?
• Michael Vick hurt his hamstring, so Nick Foles will start Week Six.
• David Wilson scored, then got hurt and may miss Week Six.
• Brian Hoyer is out for the year; Brandon Weeden returns.
• EJ Manuel may be out for a month.
• Zac Stacy is the new starting running back in St. Louis.
• Owen Daniels is out 4-6 weeks. Grab Garrett Graham ASAP.
THE TOP 10 FANTASY PLAYER RANKINGS BY POSITION
• Top 10 Fantasy Quarterbacks: Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, Matt Ryan, Michael Vick, Jay Cutler, Matthew Stafford, Robert Griffin III
• Top 10 Fantasy Running Backs: Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles, LeSean McCoy, Reggie Bush, Matt Forte, Marshawn Lynch, Knowshon Moreno, Fred Jackson, DeMarco Murray, Arian Foster
• Top 10 Fantasy Wide Receivers: Dez Bryant, Josh Gordon, Wes Welker, Victor Cruz, Julio Jones, DeSean Jackson, Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown
• Top 10 Tight Ends: Jimmy Graham, Julius Thomas, Jordan Cameron, Vernon Davis, Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzalez, Jason Witten, Charles Clay, Marcellus Bennett, Owen Daniels
• Top 10 Defense/Special Teams: Chiefs, Redskins, Titans, Vikings, Cowboys, Bears, Browns, Ravens, Buccaneers, Broncos
Two things the 2013 NFL season again proves: You can always wait to draft a defense and you can usually wait to draft a quarterback.
Find(s): Nick Foles, Andre Ellington, Terrance Williams (as long as Miles Austin is out)
Fluke(s): Willis McGahee, Marcel Reece, Jeff Cumberland
Trade Bait(s): Tom Brady (buy low), Philip Rivers (sell high), Geno Smith (sell high), Bilai Powell (sell), A.J. Green (buy low)
Star(s) Of The Last Week: Anyone who played in the Denver at Dallas game
Dud(s) of the Last Week: Victor Cruz, Tom Brady, Darren Sproles
Hot Pickups Of The Week: Harry Douglas, Nick Foles, Terrance Williams, Marcel Reece, Zac Stacy, Andre Ellington, Pierre Thomas, Vincent Brown, Percy Harvin
Last Week: Rashad Jennings, Brian Hoyer, Tashard Choice, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Charles Clay, Roy Helu Jr. (for all Alfred Morris owners), Justin Blackmon
Two Weeks Ago: Ryan Broyles, Heath Miller, Stephen Hill, Bilal Powell, Brandon Bolden, Isaish Pead, Titans Defense
Team(s) Of The Week: Indianapolis Colts got a huge home win.
Ut-oh Of The Week: The Atlanta Falcons are now 1 - 4 and four games out of the division lead.
Fantasy Football Start 'Ems For Week Six
Quarterback Must Starts: Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson
Others To Consider This Week: Tony Romo, Jay Cutler, Sam Bradford
Running Back Must Starts: Arian Foster, LeSean McCoy, Doug Martin, Ray Rice, Trent Richardson, Steven Jackson, Marshawn Lynch, Jamaal Charles, Matt Forte, CJ Spiller, Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson
Others To Consider This Week: Reggie Bush, Gio Bernard
Wide Receiver/Tight End Must Starts: Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Roddy White, Victor Cruz, Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant, Randall Cobb, Danny Amendola, Wes Welker, Jimmy Graham, Jason Witten, Marques Colston, Rob Gronkowski (when healthy), Jordy Nelson, Julius Thomas, Jordan Cameron
Others To Consider This Week: Antonio Brown, Reggie Wayne, Cecil Shorts, Vernon Davis, Justin Blackmon
TOP STARTS FOR INDIVIDUAL DEFENSIVE PLAYERS
Defensive Line: J.J. Watt, Charles Johnson, Jared Allen, Cameron Wake, Greg Hardy, Mario Williams, DeMarcus Ware, Geno Atkins, Derrick Morgan, Michael Johnson, Julius Peppers, Robert Quinn
Linebacker: Luke Kuechly, Paul Posluszny, Sean Lee, James Laurinaitis, Navarro Bowman, Chad Greenway, Derrick Johnson, Bobby Wagner, Jerod Mayo, D'Qwell Jackson, Wesley Woodyard, Lavonte David, London Fletcher
Defensive Back: Harrison Smith, Tyron Branch, William Moore, Bernard Pollard, Roman Harper, Morgan Burnett, Eric Weddle, Eric Berry, Cortland Finnegan, Reshad Jones, Glover Quinn, Mark Barron, Charles Tillman
SLEEPERS OF THE WEEK
Quarterback: Mike Glennon
Running Back: Ben Tate
Wide Receiver/Tight End: Kenny Stills
Kicker And/Or Defense: Denver Broncos
BUSTS OF THE WEEK
Quarterback: Terrelle Pryor
Running Back: Eddie Lacy
Wide Receiver/Tight End: Marques Colston
Defense: New England
LOCKS OF THE WEEK
1. Denver over Jacksonville
2. Cincinnati over Buffalo
3. Seattle over Tennessee
PICKS WITH POINTS
Let's see how 2013 goes.
Historical record is 754- 15-46 (51.3 percent). We are a coin flip.
2009 Record: 127-86-1 (59.5 percent)
2010 Record: 131-117-12 (52.8 percent)
2011 Record: 107-110-7 (49.3 percent)
2012 Record: 136-129-2 (finally better than .500)
2013 Record: 37-36-1
Last Week: 9-4
NFL LINES FOR WEEK SIX
Picks are in bold.
|At Chicago||-8||NY Giants||47|
|At Kansas City||-9||Oakland||40.5|
|Philadelphia||-1||At Tampa Bay||46|
|Green Bay||-3||At Baltimore||48|
|At Houston||-7.5||St. Louis||43|
|At NY Jets||-2.5||Pittsburgh||41|
|At San Francisco||-11||Arizona||41.5|
|At New England||-2.5||New Orleans||50|
|Indianapolis||-1.5||At San Diego||49|
For Jim Henneman, a sense of urgency changed the AL and NL Division Series in a hurry, bringing some excitement as well as controversy into play.