Here are some updates from the MMA world.
• UFC president Dana White announced that UFC 172 would be in Baltimore April 26. Light heavyweight champion Jon Jones will defend his title versus Glover Teixeira. Jones' brother, Arthur, has been a defensive lineman for the Baltimore Ravens since 2010, but as an impending free agent, he may not still be a Raven when his brother fights at the Baltimore Arena. Anthony Johnson is returning to UFC and will fight Phil Davis in a light heavyweight fight on this card. Johnson fought as a middleweight from 2007-12 before being released after not making weight. Joseph Benavidez and Tim Elliott are also set for a flyweight fight that night.
• With rumors swirling about a return to the octagon for WWE star Brock Lesnar, White continued to state that Lesnar would not be returning to UFC.
• Speaking of rumors, it's looking more and more likely that UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo might go up to 155 pounds and challenge Anthony Pettis for the lightweight title.
• Chris Weidman will defend his middleweight title against Vitor Belfort on Memorial Day weekend at UFC 173.
UFC 169 FIGHT RESULTS
• During the main event on pay-per-view, interim bantamweight champion Renan Barao defeated Urijah Faber by TKO during the first round. Barao was supposed to fight Dominick Cruz during a unification fight that night, but Cruz reinjured himself and had to vacate the title. Aldo successfully defended his featherweight title with a five-round unanimous decision against Ricardo Lamas. Heavyweight Alistar Overeem defeated Frank Mir, and Ali Bagautinov defeated John Lineker, both by three-round unanimous decisions. The show opened with lightweight Abel Trujillo knocking out veteran Jamie Varner during the second round.
• The preliminary card on Fox Sports 1 showed four fights that all ended with three-round decisions, as well as the UFC Fight Pass, which broadcasted three additional fights, all decisions.
• Bonus awards went to Varner versus Trujillo ($75,000 each for Fight of the Night) and Trujillo ($50,000 for Knockout of the Night).
UFC Current Title Holders
Flyweight (125 pounds): Demetrious Johnson 19-2-1
Bantamweight (135 pounds): Renan Barao 34-1-0, one NC
Featherweight (145 pounds): Jose Aldo 24-1-0
Lightweight (155 pounds): Anthony Pettis 17-2-0
Welterweight (170 pounds): vacant
Middleweight (185 pounds): Chris Weidman 11-0-0
Light Heavyweight (205 pounds): Jon Jones 19-1-0
Heavyweight (265 pounds): Cain Velasquez 13-1-0
Women's Bantamweight (135 pounds): Ronda Rousey 8-0-0
Women's Strawweight (115 pounds): "The Ultimate Fighter" season 20 winner
The Fight Card
Feb. 15: UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Mousasi -- Jaragua, Brazil
Feb. 22: UFC 170 -- Las Vegas, Nev.
Feb. 28: Bellator MMA 110 -- Montville, Conn.
March 1: UFC Fight Night: Kim vs. Hathaway -- Macao, China
March 7: Bellator MMA 111 -- Thackerville, Okla.
March 8: UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa -- London, England
March 14: Bellator MMA 112 -- Hammond, Ind.