December 28, 2011
By Larry Harris
• Shocking Selection I: All who dreamed Towson product Jermon Bushrod would make the Pro Bowl after developing into one of the NFL's top offensive tackles, stand and signify.
• Shocking Selections II: All who thought Ravens veterans Ray Lewis and Ed Reed deserve to be on that same Pro Bowl list, do the same.
• Through The Cracks: One unnoticed neat stat goes to Willis McGahee, who just became only the second player in NFL annals to rush for 1,000 yards or better during a season for three teams. McGahee did it for the Ravens, for Buffalo and now for Denver. Previously, Ricky Watters had passed that mark for San Francisco, Philadelphia and Seattle.
• Devils Dancing: Duke has more players than any other school among the opening NBA rosters with 17. The Blue Devils are followed by UCLA and Kentucky with 15, Texas with 13 and North Carolina and Kansas with 12.
• Bad Pizza: Sean Williams of the Lakers lost his lunch on the sidelines the other night, prompting one announcing wag to comment, "Well, at least we can say he left it all on the floor!"
Posted Dec. 28, 2011