February 9, 2012
By Larry Harris
• Get The Big Broom: If Roger Goodell can consider getting rid of the Pro Bowl, why doesn't he take another step and think about trashing those horrible Super Bowl halftime extravaganzas? Is that all America's got? Take that weak crap out of here!
• Mortal Lock: Most stupid bet of all time would have been that Raymond Berry would drop the Lombardi Trophy as he carried it to the winners' platform Sunday night.
• Bad Boys: Forbes magazine has issued the results of a poll to determine the most disliked athletes. Michael Vick, Tiger Woods, Plaxico Burress, Ndamukong Suh and Kris Humphries hold the top five positions, but how could voters not choose the talented but ultra-petulant Russell Westbrook of the Oklahoma City Thunder?
• The Price Is Not Right: If an NBA fan wants to see a Knicks game, he can take his family of four and buy four tickets, four hot dogs, four sodas, two small beers, two caps and two programs for the bargain price of $608.78. Do it in Memphis and he can get the same deal at a Grizzlies' game for $192.80.
• Only In The NBA: Speaking of the Knicks, newly promoted point guard Jeremy Lin can suddenly do no wrong in the Big Blue Apple after pouring in 53 points and dealing 15 assists during two games. For the last six weeks, he has been sleeping on the couch of his brother, a dental student.
Posted Feb. 9, 2012