February 16, 2012
By Larry Harris
• Crazy, Man, Crazy: Albert Einstein supposedly once defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. It is hoped those parameters will not fit the Baltimore Grand Prix.
• Firing Range: Ah, a little of the old Larry Bird still lingers at his alma mater, Indiana State. In a recent victory against Southern Illinois, the Spartans set an NCAA record by going 12-for-12 from 3-point range.
• A Matter Of Time: Just as ESPN is going to a two-man booth for Monday nights, NFL teams are expanding their coaching staffs even more. In five more years, every player on the 53-man roster will have his own coach.
• Play The Schedule: The Miami Heat have figured out this condensed NBA season. The Heat this week became the first team to win three back-to-back-to-back games -- all on the road -- and no starter played more than 33 minutes during any of the games. The point spreads were 20, 18 and 15.
• Go Figure: The same professional athletes who won't talk to the media during their playing days make a blind rush to get similar jobs just as soon as they retire. Sitting behind a fake dais wearing an ugly five-button suit and giggling a lot is just so appealing.
Posted Feb. 16, 2012