April 26, 2012
By Larry Harris
• Put 'Em Up: Charlotte Bobcats coach Paul Silas had a dust-up that turned into a shoving match last week with underperforming forward Tyrus Thomas. Anybody who ever saw the 68-year-old rebounding whiz in his heyday would bet on Silas in an instant.
• Take The High Ground: It has been 20 years now and coach George Karl, currently coaching the Denver Nuggets, has never had an NBA team fall blow the .500 mark.
• Counting, Counting: For those who keep up with such things, the Brazilian soccer star Kaka, who plays for Real Madrid, has become the first athlete to have 10 million followers on Twitter.
• Coaches And Conductors: Regarding the New Orleans Saints, does it really matter who is going to be the coach for the first six games, or for the rest of the season? The Vienna Philharmonic seems to play pretty well, no matter who is waving the baton.
• Beware, Blake: The aerodynamic LA Clippers forward named Blake Griffin is a marked man in the NBA. No matter what rules they instigate, the high flyer with the superb ability and insufferable attitude is destined for some brutal falls.
Posted April 26, 2012