January 26, 2012
By Larry Harris
• Ravens And The Universe: There are some who think the solar storm that descended upon Earth this week is in direct correlation to the Ravens' defeat. In fact, there are some fans that still are absolutely certain the world ended last Sunday.
• Gratitude Owed: Whenever they get around to it, Marvin Lewis, Mike Nolan, Rex Ryan, Jack Del Rio and now Chuck Pagano should make annual obeisance to Ray Lewis, who catapulted all of them to NFL chief coaching jobs.
• My Debt's Bigger Than Yours: How about a divorce settlement contest among former Dodgers owner Frank McCourt, Tiger Woods and now Kobe Bryant?
• Similarity: Blake Griffin is the NBA's Tim Tebow -- mostly style but little substance, at least so far during his career. Griffin can jump out of the gym, but take him 5 feet from the basket or to the foul line and he can't hit an elephant in the butt with a snow shovel.
• Remarkable: The Miami Heat put on a second-half show recently that rarely is seen in any basketball league. Led by Mike Miller's 6-for-6, the Heat hit 12 of 15 3-pointers against San Antonio.
Posted Jan. 26, 2012