March 29, 2012
By Larry Harris
• Just Askin': How is it that the city of Baltimore can help subsidize the Ravens, the Orioles, the Preakness and IndyCar, but can't find the funds to keep those neighborhood swimming pools open?
• The Truth Is Out: Current NCAA tournaments have revealed just how much television cameras and coverage have improved. The errors in referees' calls that once could have been interpreted either way are now totally exposed.
• Back In The Day: It would have been interesting to see the LA Clippers' Blake Griffin, who likes to spend a lot of time in the air, go head-to-head against policemen of other eras, such as Charles Oakley and Jungle Jim Loscutoff.
• Love Story: On the other hand, Minnesota's Kevin Love, who can play inside or out, would have held his own against guys like Moses Malone and Bob Pettit.
• No Reason Given: All the TV basketball experts keep saying, "Never foul a jump shooter." But they never say why not.
• Over At Last: To some folks, it's a good thing Syracuse isn't in the Final Four. Surely Scoop Jardine has been playing for the Orange at least 10 years.
Posted March 29, 2012