Baltimore Media League Fantasy Football Returns For Second Year
By Ken Zalis
We had so much fun last year, we decided to do it again. We held our draft for the 2012 Baltimore Media Fantasy Football League Aug. 29.
Many of the teams are the same from last year, but there are a few new ones as well. You can follow the league all year long, right here at PressBoxOnline.com.
Here are the teams and the participants in the order that they drafted. If your favorite personality is struggling, leave him or her a message. Maybe a suggestion will help.
1. Stan the Fan (PressBox) -- Gino Giants
2. Russ Dlin (CBS NFL) -- Daaluvmuscles
3. Kristen Berset (WUSA in Washington, D.C., formerly of Fox 45) -- Ball Busters
4. Mark Zinno (105.7 the Fan) -- Italian Stallions
5. Wally Williams (MASN and former Raven) -- ENYOFACE63
6. Ken Zalis (FansFantasyFootball.com) -- Fans Fantasy
7. Glenn Clark (WNST) -- Turpz
8. Thyrl Nelson (WNST) -- Thyrl's Thugs
9. Gary Stein (105.7 the Fan) -- Dinky to Trenton
10. Jeremy Conn (105.7 the Fan) -- Conn Man
11. Jamison Hensley (ESPN AFC North blogger, formerly of The Baltimore Sun) -- Shots of Jamison
12. Rob Long (105.7 the Fan) -- Rob Long
The draft was well paced and the teams came prepared. You can see the entire draft by clicking here.
My team would up looking like this:
1. Pick 12: DeMarco Murray, running back (Dallas)
2. Pick 13: Matt Forte, running back (Chicago)
3. Pick 36: Adrian Peterson, running back (Minnesota)
4. Pick 37: Victor Cruz, wide receiver (NY Giants)
5. Pick 60: Eric Decker, wide receiver (Denver)
6. Pick 61: Antonio Gates, tight end (San Diego)
7. Pick 84: Philip Rivers, quarterback (San Diego)
8. Pick 85: Robert Griffin III, quarterback (Washington)
9. Pick 108: Michael Bush, running back (Chicago)
10. Pick 109: Ben Tate, running back (Houston)
11. Pick 132: Doug Baldwin, wide receiver (Seattle)
12. Pick 133: Nate Washington, wide receiver (Tennessee)
13. Pick 156: Jason Hanson, kicker (Detroit)
14. Pick 157: Green Bay Packers defense
15. Pick 180: Robert Turbin, running back (Seattle)
As you can see, I used my tried-and-true fantasy strategy by going with a running back during the first three rounds, moving onto receivers and a tight end, and then back-to-back quarterbacks during rounds seven and eight. Then I added depth during the second half of the draft.
Let us know what you think of our drafts.
Posted Aug. 30, 2012