Joey P's Trivia Time Answers
By Joe Platania
As part of our "Ravens Report" blog, which appears five times weekly during the regular season and as events warrant throughout the offseason, we like to throw in a trivia question to test your knowledge of the NFL in general and the Ravens in particular.
Some of these questions may have already appeared there.
1. Against which team did the Ravens record their first-ever road victory?
Answer: After going 0-8 away from home in 1996, the Ravens beat the New York Giants on Sept. 14, 1997.
2. Safety Tom Zbikowski, a 2008 draft pick, attended Notre Dame. In what year did the Ravens first draft a Fighting Irish player?
Answer: In 2002, the team took two: defensive end Anthony Weaver and wideout Javin Hunter.
3. Who has the longest return of an opponent's fumble in team history: Ed Reed, Ray Lewis or Kelly Gregg?
Answer: Kelly Gregg rumbled 59 yards with an Oakland fumble in 2006.
4. True or False: After final cuts, the 2011 Ravens had nobody on their 53-man active roster who attended college in California.
Answer: False. Linebacker Brendan Ayanbadejo attended UCLA.
5. Who scored the Ravens' first-ever home touchdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers?
Answer: Tackle Jonathan Ogden, on a tackle-eligible play, on Dec. 1, 1996.
For answers, click here.
Issue 165: September 2011