Front Row: From The Cheap Seats
By Larry Harris
• Left Out: Sandra Unitas and Sylvia Mackey are among the 300-some widows that somehow got overlooked when the NFL and its players' association worked out its latest agreement last summer and conveniently cut off benefits owed to these women. Their husbands just may have had a little to do with the current status of this almighty league. Roger Goodell should take time out from hunting bounty hunters and get this injustice fixed -- pronto!
• Written On The Wind: How could Baylor's women possibly not wind up with a 40-win season and a national championship when players named Odyssey (Sims) and Destiny (Williams) were in the starting lineup?
• Shake It Up, Baby: The pelvic contortions performed by every NBA dance team these days would have been banned on The Block just a few years ago.
• Big Chance: The Carolina Panthers are high on a big guy (6-foot-6, 315 pounds) from Maryland they just acquired as part of a trade with Oakland. They're saying fourth-year man Bruce Campbell will get an opportunity to watch Cam Newton's back come the fall.
• The Mamba's Ride: Kobe Bryant just bought a Ferrari 458 Italia for $329,000. Just how he expects to get it up to more than 60 mph around Los Angeles is still a mystery.
More Front Row:
• 'Skills' Goes Out In Style, At Block Courage Awards
• Williams Among Honorees At Annual Vitale Festival
• Oriole Advocates Endure Through Thick And Thin
• Fictitious Chase Fronts STX Putter Campaign
• Winners Of Super Pool Contribute To Charities
• From The Cheap Seats
Issue 172: April 2012