"Quite honestly, I would pick them last in the American League [East] right now because of their pitching."
- Former Mets GM/Current MLB Network Radio host Steve Phillips Jan. 21 on the state of the Orioles after re-signing Chris Davis
"I don't think there's anybody out there Maryland cannot beat, but the list of teams that can beat Maryland is pretty long, too."
- ESPN analyst Jay Bilas Jan. 25 on Maryland men's basketball's potential
"Well, let me say first and foremost, my commitment to the Navy is absolutely paramount. I knew what I was doing two years ago, a year ago, when I signed my Two For Seven. I'm just like any of my other shipmates -- my service time comes first, and it's the biggest thing to me."
- Navy quarterback Keenan Reynolds Jan. 25 on his service commitment being the priority over an NFL career
"Coach Pompey had been really a big part of pretty much every major decision I had to make as a youngster growing up here in Baltimore, and I'll always be forever grateful for him."
- Loyola assistant coach/former Maryland and Dunbar star Keith Booth Jan. 26 on the death of former Poets coach Pete Pompey
"The crazy thing is, I got to speak to Mike Tomlin yesterday. That was definitely a blessing, but it's like ‘Aww man' ... my mom probably wouldn't cheer for me."
- Oklahoma DE/City College alumnus Charles Tapper Jan. 29 on the possibility of a Baltimore native being drafted by the Steelers
Listen to Glenn Clark radio live from 10 a.m.-noon, Monday-Friday at GlennClarkRadio.com.