As the NFL Scouting Combine approaches here are my top five running backs, wide receivers and tight ends, along with some sleepers and players to watch out for at the Combine (Feb. 26-March 4).
1. Josh Jacobs, Alabama
2. Darrell Henderson, Memphis
3. Trayveon Williams, Texas A&M
4. David Montgomery, Iowa State
5. Devin Singletary, Florida Atlantic
1. A.J. Brown, Mississippi
2. Kelvin Harmon, NC State
3. Deebo Samuel, South Carolina
4. D.K. Metcalf, Mississippi
5. N'Keal Harry, Arizona State
1. T.J. Hockenson, Iowa
2. Noah Fant, Iowa
3. Irv Smith Jr., Alabama
4. Isaac Nauta, Georgia
5. Kaden Smith, Stanford
Do not forget about:
- The knee is the issue right now for Stanford running back Bryce Love, but he was one of the best running backs in college football for the past two years.
- Will Texas A&M tight end Jace Sternberger run a sub 4.80 in the 40-yard dash?
- Georgia State wide receiver and kick returner Penny Hart was not even invited to the NFL Scouting Combine, but do not forget about him. He could run a sub 4.30.
The wide receiver class is as deep of a class as there has been in the last five years. There is something for everyone in this class, and it will be fascinating to watch the receivers go through the process toward the draft.
Follow Ken on Twitter @FansFantasy
Photo Credit: Jed Gammon/N.C. State Athletics