Here are my top five cornerbacks, free safeties and strong safeties ahead of workouts at the NFL Scouting Combine, along with some sleepers and players to watch out for.
1. Byron Murphy, Washington
2. Greedy Williams, LSU
3. Deandre Baker, Georgia
4. Amani Oruwariye, Penn State
5. Trayvon Mullen, Clemson
1. Nasir Adderley, Delaware
2. Deionte Thompson, Alabama
3. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Florida
4. Marquise Blair, Utah
5. Sheldrick Redwine, Miami
1. Taylor Rapp, Washington
2. Juan Thornhill, Virginia
3. Johnathan Abram, Mississippi State
4. Jaquan Johnson, Miami
5. Amani Hooker, Iowa
Don't Forget About …
- I like Hooker, but I'm not sure if the NFL views him as a cornerback or strong safety at the NFL level. If he's a corner, then he gets a lower grade relative to the field. As strong safety, he is a top-five prospect to me.
- The same can be said for Maryland's Darnell Savage Jr. Some see him at cornerback, but I like him better at strong safety.
- Vanderbilt's Joejuan Williams just missed my top-five cornerback list, but I have seen some analysts list him as a top-three cornerback in this class. As such, I want to see his testing numbers at the combine.
Follow Ken on Twitter @FansFantasy
Photo Credit: Jordan Burgess/Delaware Athletics