As part of his Ravens Report blog on PressBoxOnline.com, Joe Platania likes to throw in a trivia question to test readers' knowledge of the NFL in general and the Ravens in particular. Some of these questions have already appeared there.
1. John Harbaugh is currently working under a four-year contract. How long was Brian Billick's original deal?
Answer: Billick was signed to a six-year contract when he took the job Jan. 19, 1999.
2. Which Raven scored the team's first touchdown against the Cleveland Browns?
Answer: In the Ravens' first game against their franchise ancestors, quarterback Stoney Case rushed for two scores in a 17-10 win.
3. Multiple choice: In which year did the Ravens select their fewest number of players in the draft: 1999, 2000 or 2009?
Answer: It was 1999. The Ravens take only four players: cornerback Chris McAlister, guard Edwin Mulitalo, wideout Brandon Stokley and safety Anthony Poindexter.
4. True or false: As of the end of the 2009 season, Ray Lewis had forced more opponents' fumbles than any player in Ravens' history.
Answer: False. Lewis had 15 strips, tied for second in team history with Adalius Thomas. But it was Terrell Suggs leading this category with 20.
5. In what year did the Ravens have their latest bye week by date in team history?
Answer: In 2001, the Ravens had off Dec. 9 in Week 13. The previous year, the team was off in Week 14, but it fell Dec. 3.
Issue 155: November 2010